You know, the foundation of proper road care is routine maintenance. This way you can lower down the cost in the long run while preserving the strength and quality of your pavement.
Damaged roads not only detracts your city appearance but also represents a safety hazard to the citizen of the city.
Roads make a crucial contribution to economic development and growth bring important social benefits. They play an important role in making a nation grow and develop.
Additionally, they provide access to employment, social, health, and education services make a road network crucial in fighting against poverty. Road infrastructure is the most important for all public asset and stimulates economic and social development.
Asphalt Road maintenance is the procedure to keep roads in a safe condition to reduce the accidental hazards. This is the routine prevention and repair of normal damage from the distressed road to keep it in usable condition.
Why Road Maintenance Is Important?
Well-maintained road lower the cost of operating the vehicle by providing it with a smoother running surface. Routine maintenance would keep the road durable & provide safety of transport services.
Postponing road maintenance would increase the cost of repair. If the avoid the damaged road, then distressed portion of the road would increase & its repair may cost you multiple times of the initial repair cost.
Delayed maintenance has indirect cost in terms of road maintenance & vehicles operating cost. This also results in more driving time than the smoother road.
“The smoother the pavement, the lower a vehicle’s fuel consumption.”
A smoother pavement would reduce the fuel consumption of the vehicles up to 4.5%. Let’s discuss how pavement maintenance would benefit your driveway.
Maintaining the driveway would help you to keep the surface in good condition. Deterioration spread across the road system very quickly so maintenance would help you to save the cost of major repair.
#1: Extending Pavement Life
Continuous exposure of the asphalt element can cost you more at the time of repair. Heat and cold are the main reason of distress roads. The freeze and thaw cycle in cold is the main factor of road deterioration.
Asphalt crack sealing & repair are very much important to the roads for further distressed increment. Unsealed or postponed repair may need of resurfacing before its actual time. Rainy season is also very dangerous for the pavement. When water penetrates inside the pavement and expands, cracks and potholes occur.
We have a variety of asphalt patching techniques for your asphalt pavement which will extend your surface lifespan. We’ll also help you to save the cost of repair and early replacement while providing routine maintenance!
Get to know more about our maintenance & repair techniques. Keep reading….
- Crack Sealing: We use hot and cold sealing material according to the weather condition and need. These sealants will be poured into the cracks up to 2 inches to fill the cracks till surface level. This technique works and provides permanent solution from cracks.
- Bonding: Bonding in the asphalt pavement is a way to provide your asphalt driveway with a superior bond strength which directly impacts a pavements performance over its lifespan. The quality of the interlayer bonding at the interfaces between the asphalt layers in the flexible pavements affects the overall pavement performance.
- Milling: Asphalt milling is the process of removing the debris from potholes to place a new layer of hot mix asphalt, leveling & smoothening the surface. It replaces with the same thickness to keep the surface level accurate & provide you with smooth driving experience.
#2: Keeping Down the Cost
Routine maintenance of the asphalt pavement would give you an immediate result & save major repair & expensive asphalt replacement. If you know the variables of the pavement project like the depth of the project and area of the repair, there is no other decent way to estimate the cost of the repair.
Keep on reading to know the major factors of pavement projects….
- Size and Design: A wide road or highway would be the expensive replacement than the thin roads or lesser traffic roads. You don’t need to have a wide road for the residential purpose.
- Preparation: You should get your site prepared before the pavement for any trees or existing roads that need to be removed. Once the site is prepared you should make better compaction of the site to get durable lifespan of the road.
- Materials: Cost of the material may vary according to the market and the site location. We’ll add the high-quality material to make your project durable at competitive lesser cost from the market.
- Labor: Wages of the laborers are higher ion the large cities and affect the overall project cost. But, you don’t have to worry about because you would get your project done at the markets lower cost.
- Equipment Rental: Depending on the project size, you may need special equipment for your larger project. Special equipment may cost you more expenses, but we have all the required equipment for any of the project size which helps you get your project done hassle-free.
With the addition to these elements, asphalt pavement quote may include line painting, curbing, and lighting, if any. Our professionals will discuss all these details with you to generate a reliable cost estimate. You will be with us through the pavement journey to meet your budget and needs.
#3: Keeping Up Appearances
Another important reason to maintain your asphalt pavement is to keep your appearances of pavement good. Properly maintained parking lot would allow customer to attract more number of visitors.
Your parking lot is the welcome environment for your customers. You would see increased number of customers just because they’ll get a good parking space so that they can move around without tension.
Is your asphalt surface getting distressed?
Rapid road maintenance is important. Once pavement deterioration starts, it proceeds very rapidly. Postponing highway maintenance would result in several havoc such as fatal accidents to travelers.
Your maintenance goal should be to preserve the asset, not to upgrade it. Unlike major road installation and construction work, maintenance must be done on a routine basis.
Main Infrastructure will provide you with the best asphalt patch service to extend your roads lifespan. We provide all kind of asphalt repair solutions for your asphalt surface related need. Our services include
- Infrared Asphalt Patching
- Pothole Spray Patching
- Catch Basin Repair
- Asphalt Paving
- Asphalt Crack Sealing
- Hydrovac Services
- Pavement Preservation & many more.
Whether you need your pavement repaired, we have well-trained, experienced crews who can deliver superior results at competitive rates. We are committed to delivering quality work at competitive rates. If you are looking for an assistance, call us, our expert will recommend the right equipment for your job.